Deep Learning Engineer
Engineering Roles – Munich, Germany
Is deep learning engineering your way to make the world an even better place? Can your skills be applied in the automotive domain where AI and safety critical systems merge? Zenuity is on the constant look-out for you.
We see a coming need to grow our deep learning teams and encourage you to become part of our Zenuity talent pool by applying to this job if you match the description below. Our recruitment team will be in touch with you!
We believe that autonomous vehicles will simplify people's daily lives, mitigate the harmful environmental impact of transportation, and drastically reduce the number of traffic fatalities and injuries. To make this a reality we are building a state-of-the-art 360° perception system for autonomous driving, and we need your help.
We are looking for Deep Learning Engineers with a creative, analytical mindset and solid software development skills. Applicants should have a keen interest in Computer Vision / Robotics and Intelligent Mobility and be motivated by the collaborative effort required to solve a problem of this complexity, where you will actively work on some of these tasks:
- Developing vehicle data collection systems
- Automating and refining the data annotation process
- Synthetically generating and augmenting data and investigating its use in the context of ML-based perception systems
- Designing, training and evaluating deep neural networks that will process data from multiple sensor modalities including cameras, LiDARs and radars
- Optimising and streamlining the use of our computational (GPU) resources
- Improving the continuous integration and deployment toolchains, all the way to embedded software in the vehicles
You will be part of an innovative, open environment with a large emphasis on communication, where you have the opportunity to affect the evolution of our products and the way we work. Based on your competences and interests you will have the possibility to shape your own role and develop professionally.
- Ph.D. or M.Sc. in a related field such as: Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics
- Several years of hands-on experience with programming in Python or C++
- Knowledge of, or experience in, Deep / Machine Learning algorithms
- A proven ability to deliver strong results, either from academia or industry
Nice to have
- Relevant industrial or academic experience, particularly with neural networks
- Sensor Hardware and Calibration (single- and multi-modal)
- Image, LiDAR or Radar Processing
- Senor fusion
- Collaborative Coding, Continuous Integration and Product Development
- GPU Programming, Computer Graphics and Embedded Software Development
- Target Tracking
- Big Data Management and Analysis
ZENUITY is a pure software company with the mission of elevating people’s lives by making self driving cars real. Being a joint venture between Volvo Cars and Veoneer from April 2017 we are a truly modern start-up with high energy, dedication and passion. Zenuity uses a disruptive, never-been-seen before, business model to produce world-leading competence in key technology areas. Delivering leading advanced driver assistance, highly automated driving, and cloud based Automotive software, we are dedicated to transforming the automotive industry and catapulting into the future of transportation. With over 600 employees worldwide and with a unique growth rate we are recruiting top talent to our sites in Gothenburg, Detroit, Munich, Santa Clara, Shanghai and Linköping.
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.