Engineering Roles – Gothenburg, Sweden
Are you passionate about IT automation?
Kubernetes, Docker and Artifactory – do you feel energized when working with these or similar technologies? Do you want to be part of our expert team in how to build next generation continuous integration and development platforms? Are you looking for a company that will give you the best foundation for your continued learning, a company that values true craftsmanship in global software delivery? If yes, look at this ad for our next DevOps engineer at Zenuity!
ZENUITY is a pure software company with the mission of elevating people’s lives by making self-driving cars real. Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
Being a joint venture between Volvo Cars and Veoneer (formerly Autoliv) from April 2017 we are a truly modern start-up with high energy, dedication and passion. Zenuity uses a disruptive business model to produce world-leading competence in key technology areas. Delivering leading advanced driver assistance, highly automated driving, and cloud based Automotive software, we are dedicated to transforming the automotive industry and catapulting into the future of transportation. With over 600 employees worldwide and with a unique growth rate we are recruiting top talent to our sites in Gothenburg, Detroit, Munich, Santa Clara, Shanghai and Linköping.
At Zenuity we believe that time to market and precision are of outmost importance and to further improve that we need not only excellent engineers and software developers but also a great IT platform.
As DevOps Engineer at Zenuity you will be part of a small team of highly skilled IT experts that work as an internal consultancy team in our company. Most of your time you will be assigned to a software delivery team as their IT automation expert. Part of your time you will work together with the other DevOps engineers to explore new technologies and to solve general automation needs on company level. The model will give you plenty of opportunities to learn the latest technologies and will give you a healthy variation of challenges – making sure your own learning curve stays steep.
The tasks are divided in both individual work and projects in team. It is important that you have a great ability to co-operate with customers, suppliers and colleagues. The ability to handle teamwork and co-operation is an important skill to maintain at a high standard and quality delivery to our customers.
Your role will be to ensure that this works smoothly, this includes:
- Support development teams with system development skills
- Configure, implement and automate Continuous Integration/Delivery pipelines for software delivery, including test automation frameworks
- Provide day-to-day support to manage development tools, code repositories and utilities.
- Continuously improve speed, efficiency, scalability and stability of continuous integration system and environment
- Help to capture demand, trends etc from development teams into IT
- Create and maintain documentation
- Automation scripting Python, Bash, Batch, Groovy or Shell
- Continuous integration infrastructure tools for software development like Jenkins, Bamboo or Team City
- Solid understanding of the fundamental concepts of CI/CD, automated testing and of disciplined methods in the design
- Configuration management experience such as Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Familiar with version control management systems, we use Git, Gerrit and Artifactory
- Comfortable defining and ensuring use of code branching/merging strategies
- Share our Zenuity values: I dare to, I am curious, I engage, I trust and I share - with the highest integrity
Nice to have
- Experience working with Linux/Ubuntu & Windows 10
- Exposure to working with other CI tools like Zuul, GoCD or Cruise
- Familiar with working and configuring containers such as Docker, ideally with experience in Docker Swarm or Kubernetes
- Monitoring experience with DataDog and/or ELK Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana)
- Private cloud configuration experience in VMWare, Rackspace or Openstack
- Prior experience working with C/C++ and able to read the code
- Exposure to Agile methodologies, working within a globally distributed team
- An appreciation of code documentation
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.