Data Management & Storage Engineer - Autonomous Driving Development Vehicle Team
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
- Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
Role: AD Development Vehicle Team – Data Management & Storage Engineer
Expectations: Our Development Vehicle Team is looking for a Data Storage Engineer! The Development Vehicle Team at Zenuity designs, builds, and maintains vehicles with integrated sensors, computers, and data acquisition to develop safety critical autonomous vehicle systems for real production products.
As a Data Storage Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Dealing with the growing amount and usage needs of the data being generated by an autonomous vehicle fleet.
- You will work on self-guided cross-functional teams and interface globally where you will help make decisions. You will also mentor the team on technical issues, tools, and processes as necessary.
- Examples of some of the equipment you will interface with include the following; camera, RADAR, LIDAR, Ultrasonic sensors simulation equipment, test equipment and GPUs
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Well-versed in the application of Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.)
- Query and visualization capabilities utilizing Big Data analytic tools
- Establish and maintain a data flow architecture for data storage systems
- Understand and produce technical documentation and procedures
- Experience with data acquisition hardware and a variety of sensors for different applications, especially those used in AD
- Electrical troubleshooting skills
- Use vehicle diagnostic test tools to read ECU fault code
- Basic computer skills (MS Office)
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Working From Home
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.