Did you know there are millions more lines of code in an advanced autonomous car than a jet fighter plane? Do you have the skills to develop and verify high performance and safety critical algorithms for localization? Then apply to be become a Senior Engineer in our office in Shanghai, China.
As a Senior Algorithm Engineer within localization, you will develop, evaluate and update
high performance and safety critical algorithms within environmental perception. More specifically, this includes localization and road estimation using HD map data, radar, lidar, came ras and ultrasonics. The majority of our algorithm development is done within Zenuity in Sweden. In China, we need to run, verify, analyse and update the algorithms, based on data collected in China, making sure the functionality works flawlessly in China. You
will also take part in vehicle testing and troubleshooting. In order to be successful in this role, you need to be able to combine deep technical and analytical skills, with communication and collaboration skills.
Your responsibility comprises:
- Run evaluation tool-chain on data collected in China
- Analyze the localization performance and identify troublesome scenarios
- Perform root-cause analysis on scenarios when the localization performance is inadequate
- Document and feedback results of root-cause analysis to the development team
- Update the evaluation tool-chain with new versions of the localization software
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Proficiency in complex algorithm development
- Solid knowledge and experience in modeling of dynamic systems, Bayesian filtering and signal processing
- Solid knowledge of localization fundamentals, e.g., signal Bayesian estimation theory, Kalman filtering, particle filtering, simultaneous localization and mapping, map-based localization
- Experience in developing algorithms for real-time applications in localization, or a related field
- Experience using sensor data from one or more sensor modalities
- Excellent programming skills (Matlab and/or C/C++)
- Basic python skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Committed, positive and solution-oriented approach
In addition we believe you meet the following requirements:
- M.Sc or Ph.D in Electrical engineering, Signal processing, Computer science, Mechatronics or similar
- Drivers license C1, valid in China, and advanced driving skills
- Fluent in Mandarin and English, both written and orally. The work will be performed in China, and a lot of interaction is expected with Chinese collaboration partners and colleagues, but also with the rest of the Global Zenuity organization
- Share our Zenuity values; I dare to, I am curious, I engage, I trust, and I share…with the highest integrity
ZENUITY is a pure software company with the mission of elevating people’s lives by making self driving cars real. Being a joint venture between Volvo Cars and Veoneer from April 2017 we are a truly modern start-up with high energy, dedication and passion. Zenuity uses a disruptive, never-been-seen before, business model to produce world-leading competence in key technology areas. Delivering leading advanced driver assistance, highly automated driving, and cloud based Automotive software, we are dedicated to transforming the automotive industry and catapulting into the future of transportation. With over 650 employees worldwide and with a unique growth rate we are recruiting top talent to our sites in Gothenburg, Detroit, Munich, Santa Clara, Shanghai and Linköping. Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.