Algorithm Engineer - Perception Team
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
Role: Algorithm Engineer - Perception Team
Our Perception Team is looking for an Algorithm Engineer! The Perception Team at Zenuity develops algorithms that fuse sensor (camera, RADAR, LIDAR, Ultrasonic, etc.) data to detect, classify, and map the environment around the autonomous vehicle to enable safe operation alongside other vehicles and objects.
As an Algorithm Engineer, you will support the development, simulation, implementation, integration, and testing of sensor / data / object fusion, and object-free area algorithms to help develop a model of the world around the vehicle for safety critical autonomous vehicle systems for real production products. You will use agile processes and C++ code to develop real-time software and collateral. You will work in modern simulation environments and have direct access to test vehicles to rapidly experience your results first-hand. You will work on self-guided cross-functional teams and interface globally where you will help make decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science
- 5+ years of industry experience with Perception algorithm development for autonomous vehicles, and specific sensor experience with camera, radar, LIDAR and/or ultrasonic sensors.
- Academic or professional experience with Bayes theorem and Bayesian inference, Kalman filters, and time synchronization of multiple sensor data sets.
- Some experience interfacing with automotive AD sensors (RADAR, Camera, Ultrasonic).
- Must have strong C/C++ programming experience and be comfortable working in a Linux environment.
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Working From Home
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.