Functional Safety Engineer - Decision & Control Team
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
Role: Functional Safety Engineer
Your high-level purpose will be performing Functional Safety Engineering tasks for the design of Advance Driving Assistance Systems and Automated Driving features. You will define, plan and implement functional safety strategy. Broken down in activities, this will include:
- Conducts functional safety analyses and produces functional safety work products
- Reviews and challenges existing safety analysis and functional safety work products
- Develop and maintain, Functional Safety Analysis: Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, etc. for ADAS and AD systems
- Develop and maintain technical safety concepts for ADAS and AD systems, including specification of technical safety requirements and designing safety mechanisms
- Investigate state-of-the-art approaches to system safety (e.g. STPA)
- Supporting the definition of specific requirements and architectures together with multi-team project
You will be part of a cross-functional team and interface globally where you will help make decisions. In this context your expertise will enable you to mentor the team on technical issues, tools, and processes as necessary.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering or science, along with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Track record of successfully performing Functional Safety Systems Engineering tasks for ADAS/AD features along with good knowledge of relevant standards and methods i.e. ISO26262
Beneficial skills and experience include automotive embedded system experience. Past experience with AUTOSAR and ASPICE are highly beneficial, as well as knowledge of MISRA C++ and/or other coding standards. Knowledge of agile process in cross-functional teams is also very desirable for this role.
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Working From Home
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.