IT Support Technician
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
Role: IT Support Technician - IT Operations
- Act as a point of contact for all types of service requests full-time on premise
- Create and maintain service requests to track issue resolution, help identify support trends and track long-term statistics
- Evaluating and properly escalating service requests that match suitable resources
- Responsive support for critical customer events such as security breaches, infections, server and service outages
- Coordinate and communicate as required with impacted users; status of incident progress, notification of impending changes or agreed outages
- Investigate, troubleshoot, document and resolve hardware and software issues
- Configure and support end user hardware, software and peripherals in accordance with existing policies and operational requirements
- Remain positive, professional, determined, calm and focused in challenging situations
- Mobile device support and management
- Maintain and organize equipment inventory and assist with continuous accuracy of asset tracking and management
- Document procedures and processes for internal use
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software and related procedures adhere to organizational values and technology policies
- Maintain and expand IT Support knowledgebase articles
- Improve customer service in perception and quality with quick resolution of service requests
- Availability to assist outside of business hours with projects, tasks, security issues and urgent requests
- Computer technology related degree
- 3+ years of IT support experience
- Ability to work independently as part of a global team; communicate effectively and efficiently
- Experience supporting a software development atmosphere in a multiplatform environment (Windows/Linux/Mac)
- Experienced in strong communication with others, verbal and written
- Experienced in operating system imaging, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Strong ability to troubleshoot, isolate and resolve errors and issues
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of empathy, tact and perseverance when faced with complex technical and non-technical issues that have a high sense of urgency
- Manage stress level during high volume periods, critical incidents and irate situations
- Understand and produce technical documentation and procedures
- Provide prompt, effective and efficient support to end users with varying technical skill levels
- Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications and network topology
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.