Data quality is key, just as safety, for how we develop the software for self-driving cars. Gbit quickly becomes petabytes. Processing this makes it very clear: Zenuity need you!
What you will do
When developing our world leading algorithms for the automotive industry, Zenuity sets tough requirements on data quality. To detect the surroundings of the car with high enough accuracy we use many different sensors including high-resolution cameras, radars, LiDARs, ultrasonic sensors and positioning systems. The data rates generated by these sensors reaches over 15 Gbit/s which quickly accumulates to petabytes of data divided over millions of files. In order to be able to navigate in and generate value from this huge dataset we need to be experts in data processing and management.
Zenuity has several teams working in the area of data processing and High-Performance Computing, and you will be part of team Totoro that is responsible for handling data for Zenuity's in-house development cars. Team Totoro works on data logging in the vehicles, data uploading, data post-processing tools and pipelines, and data indexing using a mix of in-house software and commercial hardware and software.
- A Master’s degree or higher in Engineering or Science is preferred, but also a Bachelor’s degree with some years of successful working experience is of interest.
- Working and developing software in a Linux environment, including shell scripting.
- Strong programming skills in Python and/or C++.
- Familiarity with version control systems and performing code reviews - we use Git/Gerrit.
- Understanding of the fundamental concepts of CI/CD and experience in using them.
- Working in a team based organization - collaboration skills, sense of responsibly and willingness to share knowledge and experiences is required.
- Data acquisition techniques and systems knowledge.
- Time-series and logging file formats such as PCAP, MDF4 and HDF5.
- Automotive network communication, in particular CAN, FlexRay and automotive Ethernet.
- Experience in automotive software and Active Safety systems.
- SQL and no-SQL database experience.
- RESTful API design and development.
- High-Performance Computing experience.
ZENUITY is an automotive software company with the mission of elevating people’s lives by making self driving cars real. A joint venture between Volvo Cars and Veoneer (formerly Autoliv) from April 2017, we are a truly modern start-up with high energy, dedication and passion. Zenuity uses a disruptive, never-seen before, business model to produce world-leading competence in key technology areas. Delivering leading advanced driver assistance systems, highly automated driving, and cloud based solutions. We are dedicated to transforming the automotive industry and catapulting into the future of transportation. With over 600 employees worldwide and a high growth rate we are recruiting top talent to our sites in Gothenburg, Detroit, Munich, Santa Clara, Shanghai and Linköping.
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.