Software Engineer - Decision & Control
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
Role: Software Engineer - Decision & Control
Our Decision & Control Team is looking for a Software Engineer! The Decision & Control Team at Zenuity develops algorithms that use map data, perception/sensor information and motion planning commands to make autonomous driving decisions relating to traffic behavior, object avoidance and driving laws that allow the autonomous vehicle to safely function alongside other vehicles and objects, static and dynamic. As a Software Engineer on the Decision & Control Team, you will help develop robust, high quality, safety-critical automotive software for production automotive programs. You will be responsible for supporting Algorithm Engineers and aid in implementation, integration, and testing of motion planning software algorithms in C++ in a Linux environment. You will use SCRUM/Agile processes and C++ code to develop software and collateral and have direct access to test vehicles to rapidly experience your results first-hand. You will work on a self-guided cross-functional Agile team and interface internally where you will help make decisions. You will also mentor the team on technical issues, tools, and processes as necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant engineering
- 1-3 years of experience
- Automotive industry experience preferred but not required
- knowledge of MISRA C++, ISO26262 and ASIL
- Strong programming skills within C++, Python, MATLAB or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with OpenCV or OpenGL
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience of developing embedded real time applications
- Solid knowledge of systems engineering/architecture
- Knowledge within continuous integration and deployment
- Experience from defining, building and testing automated toolchains
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.