Software Engineer - UX/HMI Team
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
Role: Software Engineer - UX/HMI Team
The UX team at Zenuity is responsible to envision and develop innovative experiences in and around the self driving vehicle following a human centered design methodology. You will use agile process to create software prototypes and production ready code using all kind of UI frameworks (or learning new programming tools.) You will architect and develop complex User Interfaces while providing front-end coding expertise. You will work on a self-guided cross-functional team and collaborate with Perception and Behavior planning development engineers to create the interfaces of the HX/HMI software and integrate it to the vehicle. You will be responsible for supporting Algorithm Engineers and aid in implementation, integration, and testing of software algorithms in C++ in a Linux environment. You will use SCRUM/Agile processes and C++ code to develop software and collateral and have direct access to test vehicles to rapidly experience your results first-hand.
- Bachelor Degree in relevant engineering
- 1-3 years of experience
- Automotive industry experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of MISRA C++
- Strong programming skills within C++ and Python
- Knowledge and experience with OpenCV or OpenGL and Unity
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience of developing embedded real time applications
- Solid knowledge of systems engineering/architecture
- Knowledge within continuous integration and deployment
- Experience from defining, building and testing automated toolchains
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Working From Home
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.