Software Developer - Autonomous Development Platform Team
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
The Development Vehicle Team at Zenuity designs, builds, and maintains vehicles with integrated sensors, computers, and data acquisition to develop safety critical autonomous vehicle systems for real production products.
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Write interface software to convert sensor data from native format into proprietary ECU communication protocol
- Write and support python scripts to support development platform and data collection systems
- Design and write software tools to assist in debug and analysis of data collection
- Troubleshoot existing interface software and tools
- Provide training on the use of tools to other team members
- Work in a team environment
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
- Software development experience, especially C++, python
- Software development based on recognized safety standards, ISO26262, ASPICE
- Familiarity with software development concepts (version control, code review, task and bug tracking)
- Experience writing interface software or using manufacturer API to develop software
- Software development within Linux environment (navigating command line, writing shell scripts, compiling software, cmake)
- Linux networking knowledge
- Analyzing and breaking down customer requirements
- Software debug experience
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to document software functionality through comments and external documentation
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Working From Home
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.