Systems Engineer - Vision Team
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
As a Systems Engineer you will work closely with Zenuity Systems Architects and the vision team to assure the vision sub-system is defined in alignment with the larger system architecture and goals. You will be exposed to the latest in computer vision techniques and deep learning and machine learning models.
Your main goal as a systems engineer is to define “what does vision need to provide, and how good does it have to be?”
Leveraging knowledge of requirements management tools, FMEA/STPA/FTA, algorithm development practices and the limitations/benefits of computer vision, your job duties will include:
- Supporting system architects to align Feature Definition & Requirements as well as functional safety requirements;
- Supporting the creation of detailed interface specifications, functional architectures and software descriptions.
- Creating component (SW/HW) level requirements, including requirement analysis, test cases and verification plan development, as well as technical safety concepts;
- Guiding system validation testing on bench and in-vehicle to ensure system functionality, compliance and performance;
- Documenting system architecture in an unambiguous, clear, and understandable way such that Zenuity teams achieve customer expectations;
- Bachelor Degree in relevant degree
- 2+ years of industry experience
- >6 months of optics or computer vision experience (internship in this area will suffice)
- >6 month of systems engineering experience (internship in this area will suffice)
- Understanding of software/algorithm design principles
Nice to have:
- Machine/Deep Learning experience
- Requirements management experiments
- Cross sensor system architecting (Camera, Radar, Lidar, IMU, GPS, ultrasonic)
- ISO26262/SOTIF experience
- C++, Python, CUDA experience
- NVIDIA and cross build experience
- ADAS/AD experience
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Working From Home
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.