Full Stack Developer - UX/HMI Team
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
Expectations: The UX team at Zenuity is responsible to envision and develop innovative experiences in and around the self driving vehicle following a human centered design methodology. You will use agile process to create software prototypes and production ready code using all kind of UI frameworks (or learning new programming tools.) You will architect and develop complex User Interfaces while providing front-end coding expertise. You will work on a self-guided cross-functional team and collaborate with Perception, Behavior planning, and Systems development engineers to create the interfaces of the HMI.
You will be involved in creating backend services to engaging front-end applications. You will be responsible for creating proactive solutions to create useful and innovative development tools for autonomous driving. Architecting web applications and taking ownership over supporting and maintaining them will be critical to your success.
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, Computer / Electrical Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- 3 years experience in full stack web technologies
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and collaboration skills
- Backend languages: Java, Python, or Node.js
- General web technologies and connectivity: HTTP, REST, MQTT, WebSocket, web services, networking
- Containerization and orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Microservice architecture design and communication patterns
- Data analytics and visualization: d3, chart.js, react-vis
- Responsive web design
- Databases: SQL, NoSQL, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Cassandra
- Agile practices
- Microsoft Azure
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Working From Home
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.