Master Thesis - AD industry standards and competitive advantage
Master Thesis & Research Opportunities - Gothenburg, Sweden
Sustainable competitive advantage could take many different forms. Industry lead standards, and lobbied governmental regulations are a widely used strategy to detriment or fully stop the growth of new players on technology intensive industries.
In the automotive industry, in specific autonomous vehicles, the number of new standards and regulations on embryonic phase are increasing by the day, signifying potential risks for players with different standpoints that do not adhere to them.
Safety and validation of autonomous vehicles represents the most important subject, and with wider impact, of new standardization and regulation efforts around the globe.
In this master thesis project, you will focus on:
- Identifying the most important standardization projects lead by industry actors and governmental regulations concerning autonomous vehicles.
- Analyzing the impact of their application for the industry players.
- Identifying key areas for autonomous vehicles' standards.
- Draft recommendations and conclusions.
We are looking for two students with a background in……
- Industry standards as competitive advantage.
- Business case practice.
- Intellectual property law.
- Interest in governmental affairs and politics.
- Understanding of AI technologies in the broad level.
- Self-starters thrilled to take the lead of their own work.
Final application date: November 24th, 2019.
Please send in individual applications with CV, motivational letter and grade transcripts. If you wish to partner with someone, simply note that in your application.
Planned start: January 2020.
Duration: 30 ECTS
For questions regarding the project, please contact Roberto Pérez Carbajal (firstname.lastname@example.org).