Senior Algorithm Engineer - Perception Team
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
The Perception Team at Zenuity develops algorithms that fuse sensor (camera, RADAR, LIDAR, Ultrasonic, etc.) data to detect, classify, and map the environment around the autonomous vehicle to enable safe operation alongside other vehicles and objects. As a Senior Algorithm Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, simulation, implementation, integration, and testing of sensor / data / object fusion, and object-free area algorithms to help develop a model of the world around the vehicle for safety critical autonomous vehicle systems for real production products. You will use agile processes and C++ code to develop real-time software and collateral. You will work in modern simulation environments and have direct access to test vehicles to rapidly experience your results first-hand. You will work on self-guided cross-functional teams and interface globally where you will help make decisions. You will also mentor the team on technical issues, tools, and processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Strong background and prior experience developing fusion software for fully autonomous vehicles, specifically for camera, radar, LIDAR and ultrasonic sensors.
- Experience with Bayesian inference, state estimation, and time synchronization of multiple sensor data sets is necessary.
- Experience with LIDAR and interfacing with other automotive AD sensors (RADAR, Camera, Ultrasonic) are also necessary.
- Excellent C/C++ programming experience
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Prior AD automotive, aerospace, or related experience
Beneficial skills and experience include and automotive embedded software experience, NVIDIA experience, Functional Safety (ISO 26262) and AUTOSAR knowledge, experience in requirements development, unit testing, and software integration, and experience with Git, JIRA and Confluence. Additionally, experience with robotics, and/or UAVs is beneficial.
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Working From Home
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.