Radar System Engineer
Architecture – Gothenburg, Sweden
About Zenuity- Making it Real
We are breaking new ground with world-class driver-assistance and autonomous-driving technologies. To meet the automotive industry’s requirements, we are developing a software in a fashion and context that hasn’t been done before. With robustness, speed to market and a flexible approach we are changing the way the world looks at mobility, infrastructure and everyday life for people worldwide.
We work on interesting technical challenges using cutting edge technologies in a high performance, agile organization with an innovative environment & high level of autonomy, putting you in the driver’s seat. We have a team-based structure with professional management & continuous development, where you will be exposed to many areas within Autonomous Driving, maximizing development opportunities.
Because you want to use your software developing skills to change the world and make it a better and safer place for us to navigate through traffic.
Facing new challenges every day, discussing with cross-functional experts and solving problems to make it real drives you.
You want to find a team of innovative engineers who are looking to create the most amazing things together.
You want to challenge and push yourself to grow and develop your skills even further…and at the same time literally make self driving cars (well the software anyway) and change the world.
You will be part of the Architecture competence area, specializing in automotive radar system technology and embedded signal processing. As a Radar System Expert you maintain a broad and up-to-date knowledge of radar-based technology and how it applies to fulfilling current and future regulatory safety standards. Working in a team environment you will be given the opportunity to make significant contributions to the creation and implementation of active safety features.
To fulfill the purpose of the role you will focus on the following:
- Responsible for specification, implementation, integration and testing of radar-based ADAS systems
- Drive the development of radar technology by acting as the liaison to suppliers and customers and communicating current and future requirements in a clear, unambiguous and understandable format.
- Design and perform vehicle tests to verify system performance and robustness
- Support regional customer discussions, Interface with Global feature owners.
- Mentor team on technical issues, process and tools as necessary.
- The global scope of the role will require international business trips to meet with global counterparts, support vehicle testing, and customer meetings
Who are you?
- Degree in Engineering or Science with at least ten year’s relevant experience, preferably automotive background
- Deep knowledge of radar-based ADAS & AD technology, including an understanding of radar detection capabilities and limitations
- Strong background in mathematics, applied physics and signal processing
- Hands-on approach: Helps out wherever the team needs help, does whatever is necessary to meet customer deliverables.
- Positive attitude. Glass is always half full, never half empty
- Self- motivated: Thrives on bringing structure to a highly unstructured task. Ability to set the technical direction and guide a team towards it long before others can.
- Experience with requirements management, analysis and traceability
- Experience defining software architecture
- Model-based system development, model-based unit testing, integration experience, calibration experience
- Simulation and modeling of dynamic systems
- Functional Safety (ISO 26262)
- Previous Experience with airbag, brake control, engine/powertrain control, steering control, ADAS
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.