Technology Hub Leader to new Zenuity office in Bay Area, CA, USA
Are you comfortable working in a start-up company in a broad role? Is your passion working with new technology development where you get the chance to push the boundaries towards future AD vehicles? Consider building a small team in the corner of the world where IT-Tech is extremely hot.
The "New Technology" competence area comprises individuals that are skilled in handling technology development in early phases. We like uncertainty and are intrigued by making the most out of it. Some members of this area have a research background, while others have industrial or technology-intensive development experience. We like problems, but we put our most effort into finding solutions as quickly and efficiently as possible. Our common challenge across the company is great enough. We want to automate the transportation systems to achieve safe, convenient and efficient transportation for humanity. Our part is to bring new technology into Zenuity in order to make it real.
The first target for this role is to set up a new, small Zenuity office in the Bay Area in California, USA. It is likely to be resided in Santa Clara or Mountain View. The purpose of this office is to interact with Zenuity's strategic partners that are present in this area (currently Ericsson and Nvidia). This strategic task includes tech scouting in order to support Zenuity's strategic needs for new technology and partners.
Your initial challenge will be to recruit talented people and grow the team to around 5 people during the coming year. Another main task will be to establish the workplace in every aspect with the support from Zenuity Inc. in Detroit. However the facility will likely be selected and contracted before you start this position.
- M. Sc. or Ph. D. degree in an area related to Zenuity's purpose (Physics, electrical engineering, Computer science, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Pragmatic approach
- Leadership experience
- Experience with supplier interaction, technically and regarding integrity
- Self-motivated, driven, curious
- Ability to build long-term relationships (with individuals in startups as well as large tech companies)
- Excellent communication skills in English, both in writing and oral
- Capable to act independently and assume responsibility
- Having an established internal network in Zenuity and cultural knowledge
- Experience from startup company
- Experience from successful handling of technology with a low readiness level, and high potential
- Willingness to work in the US and qualified for work permit/VISA
- Three year assignment on local terms and conditions
- Support from Zenuity with Relocation package can be discussed