System Safety Engineer- Join our Detroit Team
Architecture – Detroit, MI, USA
Are you a system engineer with expertise within System Safety? Do you want to be the go-to person for safety critical issues and be part of a global team? Zenuity is looking for a key role to join our Detroit team.
Your main responsibility is to perform System Safety Engineering tasks (including Functional Safety) for the design of Advance Driving Assistance Systems and Automated Driving Feature.
- Developing and maintaining Item Definition for ADAS and AD systems.
- Performing and continue to refine Functional Safety Analysis HARA, FTAs, FMEAs, etc.
- Developing and maintaining Safety Goals, Functional Safety Concepts, and Technical Safety Concepts for ADAS and AD systems, including specification of Functional and Technical Safety Requirements and designing Safety Mechanisms.
- Investigating state-of-the-art approaches to system safety (e.g. STPA=System-Theoretic Process Analysis)
- Developing and maintaining System Design for ADAS and AD systems according to the safety standards.
Who are you?
- Master of Science and several year's experience from functional safety in automotive, robotics or aerospace industry.
- Track records of writing good requirements that others can successfully implement.
- Track records of successfully performing Functional Safety Systems Engineering tasks.
- Self- motivated: Thrives on bringing structure to a highly unstructured task. Ability to set the technical direction and guide a team towards it long before others can.
- Know-how to document system or subsystem architecture in an unambiguous, clear and understandable way.
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Good knowledge of relevant standards and methods i.e. IEC 61508, MISRA C++, ISO26262 and ASIL
- Solid knowledge of systems engineering/architecture
- Expert in any ADAS/AD feature
- Driver’s license
- Positive attitude. Glass is always half full, never half empty
Particularly attractive qualifications:
- PhD degree in a relevant area
- Experience with active safety and driver support development.
- Experience from development of automotive electrical systems.
- Experience from functional safety in automotive ADAS, AD, brake, steering, or vehicle dynamics systems.
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self-driving cars a
reality as a Systems Engineer within Functional Safety at our site in Detroit.
ZENUITY is a pure software company with the mission of elevating people’s lives by making self driving cars real. Being a joint venture between Volvo Cars and Autoliv from April 2017 we are a truly modern start-up with high energy, dedication and passion. Zenuity uses a disruptive, never-been-seen before, business model to produce world-leading competence in key technology areas. Delivering leading advanced driver assistance, highly automated driving, and cloud based Automotive software, we are dedicated to transforming the automotive industry and catapulting into the future of transportation. With 480 employees worldwide and with a unique growth rate we are recruiting top talent to our sites in Gothenburg, Detroit, Munich and Linköping.