Support Functions – Gothenburg, Sweden
Are you curious about how intellectual property will be handled in the self driving arena? Do you want to work with IP in a software company creating never-been-seen-before AD solutions? ZENUITY is looking for a Patent Manager. Our rapid growth rate makes this a unique opportunity for a creative and future-driven individual.
As a Patent Manager you will be a part of the IP team with the purpose of building and managing Zenuity´s rapidly growing patent portfolio. You will ensure that Zenuity has a competitive position in the marketplace going forward by setting up and contribute to the overall intellectual property strategy of Zenuity. You will handle questions around how to protect current and planned products, the competitive landscape, potential litigation, and more, fully utilizing patents and other neighbouring rights.
Examples of tasks are as follows:
· Review invention disclosures and patent applications and provide guidance on filing, prosecution, secondary filing decisions, abandonment, etc.
· Work with external patent attorneys, engineers, finance, business etc to achieve a valuable IP portfolio of patents and related rights.
· Work closely with engineering teams to stay on top of Zenuity's technologies, how they work, and how they relate to our patent strategy, encourage and educate.
· Manage multiple external patent firms for performance and cost. Track the portfolio to handle necessary legal obligations like IDS reporting etc.
· Assist in patent analysis and evaluation as well as patent landscaping and clearance.
· Building up effective processes and tools to support the work.
· Preferably work from our office in Gothenburg.
· Potentially assist in agreement work related to IP and patents.
· You have a degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar.
· You know how to build and manage a patent portfolio, and have gained that
knowledge preferably through at least a few years work in a similar position.
· You are experienced with invention evaluation and patent prosecution and/or litigation, in Europe, China and the Unites States
· You have a understanding of patent claims for computer implemented inventions
· You have knowledge and experience within other software IP related issues, such as open source, etc.
· Preferably, you have a background within IT or Automotive industry.
· Solid communication and teamworking skills.
ZENUITY is a pure software company with the mission of elevating people’s lives by making self driving cars real. Being a joint venture between Volvo Cars and Autoliv from April 2017 we are a truly modern start-up with high energy, dedication and passion. Zenuity uses a disruptive, never-been-seen before, business model to produce world-leading competence in key technology areas. Delivering leading advanced driver assistance, highly automated driving, and cloud based Automotive software, we are dedicated to transforming the automotive industry and catapulting into the future of transportation. With 480 employees worldwide and with a unique growth rate we are recruiting top talent to our sites in Gothenburg, Detroit, Munich and Linköping.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.