Verification & Validation – Detroit, Michigan, USA
Zenuity- RDP Technician, Detroit
About Zenuity- Making it Real
We are breaking new ground with world-class driver-assistance and autonomous-driving technologies. To meet the automotive industry’s requirements, we are developing a software in a fashion and context that hasn’t been done before. With robustness, speed to market and a flexible approach we are changing the way the world looks at mobility, infrastructure and everyday life for people worldwide.
We work on interesting technical challenges using cutting edge technologies in a high performance, agile organization with an innovative environment & high level of autonomy, putting you in the driver’s seat. We have a team-based structure with professional management & continuous development, where you will be exposed to many areas within Autonomous Driving, maximizing development opportunities.
Do you want to be part of our journey ahead? Which of Zenuity’s competence areas can you contribute to?
Because you want to use your software developing skills to change the world and make it a better and safer place for us to navigate through traffic.
Facing new challenges every day, discussing with cross-functional experts and solving problems to make it real drives you.
You want to find a team of innovative engineers who are looking to create the most amazing things together.
You want to challenge and push yourself to grow and develop your skills even further…and at the same time literally make self driving cars (well the software anyway) and change the world.
Who are you?
- Physical installation of sensors and data acquisition hardware in passenger vehicles
- Design and fabrication of mounting hardware (3D printing, machine shop experience a plus)
- Coordination with engineering teams to provide creative solutions to sensor and equipment mounting needs
- Tracking and coordination of regular vehicle maintenance (oil change, brake and tire replacement, etc)
- Work in a team environment
Associates Degree (or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience
- ability to read and write wiring diagrams and technical documentation and procedures
- basic electrical troubleshooting skills (e.g. multimeter to measure voltage, current, resistance)
- familiar with vehicle wiring systems and ECU interface (CAN, FlexRay a plus)
- experience building cables and wiring harnesses
- basic soldering skills (tinning wires, not PCB soldering
- computer skills (MS Office) – programming ability a plus
- ability to work in an unstructured environment
- experience coordinating services or purchases with outside vendors
- ability to use vehicle diagnostic test tools to read ECU fault codes
- CAD software experience
- experience working with prototype automobiles/automotive development
- driving experience (e.g. limit handling, track certifications, racing experience
- experience with executing in-vehicle validation testing in an automotive development environment (following a provided procedure to drive the defined maneuvers and operation of data acquisition hardware)
- some travel required
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an RDP Technician at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.