Santa Clara, California, USA
Passion for future mobility, great power of initiative and exceptional networking skills? Ready to play a key role connecting innovation, technical experts and people globally? Join the tech scouting team of the world's most innovative companies.
In this role you will be in a key position to create a brighter future for society and mobility. At Zenuity we are making it real by building a robust self-driving software platform.
Zenuity combines years of AD and ADAS experience from our parents Volvo Cars and Autoliv. Fully Agile operational mode enables us to move quickly and be open for changes and trying out new things while speeding the innovation adaptation rate in our technology.
You will be part of the team at Zenuity Silicon Valley Tech Hub with mission to connect the external innovation with the internal experts through connecting people and ideas.
The ideal candidate will have a passion towards automated driving, connected car and future mobility and well established networks within Silicon Valley Innovation ecosystem. The daily job of technology and innovation scouting will be to interact with start-ups, incubators, accelerators, VC’s, academia and tech companies as well as attending and hosting events. You will evaluate, forge and foster long term strategic partnerships as well as screen the competitor landscape.
This is an ideal position for an ambitious and smart individual to join one of the world's most innovative companies. This position requires a high level of initiative, great attention to detail, ability to learn quickly, motivation to drive complex projects to success, proven leadership skills, a mastery in working with diverse geographically distributed business units, and top notch communication and inter-cultural skills.
Your responsibility comprises:
- Scouting start-ups and technology trends (30%): Identify and evaluate specific business opportunities as well as innovative technologies. Work with product management and R&D to discover and evaluate new markets and products that can be derived from emerging technologies.
- Business Strategy and Development (20%): Define, validate, improve and execute strategic plans. Activities would include, but not be limited to, primary research, market and competitive analysis and customer needs assessment.
- Partnership Development (30%): Identify, build and manage long term relationships with strategic partners in pursuit of growth opportunities. Initiate and complete touch points, presentations, negotiations, legal and licensing agreements with partners as needed.
- Project / CRM management (20%): Define, develop and maintain a database of scouted start-ups and other leads and follow-ups
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Relevant technical educational background with business experience
- Must have strong ties to the entrepreneurship community and well networked in Silicon Valley
- Prior experience in the automotive or affiliated space
- 3+ years of business development, partnership management or related function that demonstrates the ability to develop relationships and apply market intelligence to align product development with growth opportunities.
- Humorous, fun, authentic and dynamic personality.
- Excellent intercultural communication skills, enjoy working in an international organization with people from different cultures
- Significant experience and understanding of existing and emerging automotive, cloud computing, consumer electronics, digital, entertainment and mobile trends
- Must be an innovative thinker who enjoys working on green field opportunities; prior experience with product incubation and innovation strongly desirable. A passion for finding applications for fundamental research and developing solutions from concept to completion
- Share our Zenuity values; I dare to, I am curious, I engage, I trust, and I share…with the highest integrity
In addition, we believe that the filling the following requirements would be beneficial
- Experience from Agile methodologies and Jira
- Previous scouting or innovation research experience
- Open to frequent domestic and international travel (20-30%)
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as a Technology Scouting Coordinator at our site in Santa Clara, California.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
About Zenuity- Making it Real
We are breaking new ground with world-class driver-assistance and autonomous-driving technologies. To meet the automotive industry’s requirements, we are developing a software in a fashion and context that hasn’t been done before. With robustness, speed to market and a flexible approach we are changing the way the world looks at mobility, infrastructure and everyday life for people worldwide.
We work on interesting technical challenges using cutting edge technologies in a high performance, agile organization with an innovative environment & high level of autonomy, putting you in the driver’s seat. We have a team-based structure with professional management & continuous development, where you will be exposed to many areas within Autonomous Driving, maximizing development opportunities.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.