Embedded Software Engineer - Vision Team
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Who is Zenuity?
A joint venture owned 50/50 by Volvo Cars and Veoneer, we are creating software for autonomous driving vehicles.
Watch these short videos to gain insight to our culture, work environment and inspiring work that we’ve showcased at Las Vegas CES 2019.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will help develop robust, high quality, safety-critical automotive software for embedded targets for production automotive programs. You will be aid with algorithm transformation, implementation, integration, and testing of fusion and occupancy grid algorithms and software and you will help launch our embedded architecture. You will use SCRUM/Agile processes and C/C++ code to develop real-time software and collateral and have direct access to test vehicles to rapidly experience your results first-hand. You will work on a self-guided cross-functional team and interface locally with other Embedded Software Engineers and Algorithm Engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Some automotive industry experience
- Background and prior experience developing automotive software for safety-critical applications
- Experience with AUTOSAR, ASPICE, and ISO26262
- Strong C and C++ developer
- Experience working with multiple IDEs, compilers and microprocessors, scripting languages and build environments/automation. The ideal candidate will also have experience with recent NVIDIA GPUs, XILINX/FPGAs, QNX, requirements development, unit testing, and software integration.
Beneficial skills and experience include background with fully autonomous vehicles, knowledge of AD/ADAS vehicle sensors (camera, RADAR, LIDAR, IMUs, GPS, ultrasonic) and prior experience with Git, Jira and Confluence. You will benefit from being very comfortable working in Linux, Windows and Mac environments. Additionally, experience with robotics, and/or UAVs is beneficial.
Benefits available as a Zenuitian:
- Car Allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive Health Care Plan
- Flexible Working Hours
- Working From Home
- Agile Working Environment
- No Dress Code
- & more!
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Zenuity work proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.