Legal Counsel & Business Lawyer
Support Functions – Gothenburg, Sweden
Do you want to change the world by enabling self driving cars? Can you help us navigate all various legal challenges in our expanding business? Zenuity is looking for a Legal Counsel & Business lawyer that will support in building a solid foundation for the future.
About the role
As a legal counsel in Zenuity you will provide legal advice to all parts of our business, including research and development, finance, people and IT. You will draft contracts, participate in negotiating deals with partners, and make sure that we maintain a sustainable level of legal risk.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts for diverse business agreements, including supplier agreements, purchasing agreements, partner agreements, evaluation agreements, non-disclosure agreements, research agreements etc. Manage external legal resources if necessary.
- Support to ensure that Zenuity and our products are compliant with laws and regulations on the markets where we act relating to areas like privacy, data protection, security and other relevant laws, and support ongoing activities with legal expertise.
- Maintaining proficient understanding of international legal and policy developments that may affect the product and tech aspects of the business.
- Creating and maintaining effective internal processes and programs relating to Compliance and Zenuity´s high standards regarding Integrity.
- Keeping on-par with the organization’s needs, and perform awareness trainings and reviews as necessary.
- Provide legal insight to improve decision making and execution of business strategy.
- Any other matter of legal nature that may come up in a newly started, high pace company.
- This role will also be the owner of specific internal compliance processes & communication and it will include training our organization in various aspects.
Who are you?
To take on this role be believe you have:
- Master's degree in Law or similar, and good knowledge of core legal issues in an international environment.
- 5 years of experience from legal departments or law firms. Some in-house experience is a plus.
- Experience from a start-up or entrepreneurial environment, preferably within a tech company and thriving in that kind of fast moving setting.
- A general understanding of technology and an ability to translate it into a complex legal environment
- A communicative approach to effectively explain legal concepts to your non-legal colleagues.
In addition you are self-motivated and can identify and drive issues on our own, enjoying independently setting up and monitoring processes and policies as well as digging into detailed projects.
The role is located in Gothenburg.
ZENUITY is a pure software company with the mission of elevating people’s lives by making self driving cars real. Being a joint venture between Volvo Cars and Autoliv from April 2017 we are a truly modern start-up with high energy, dedication and passion. Zenuity uses a disruptive, never-been-seen before, business model to produce world-leading competence in key technology areas. Delivering leading advanced driver assistance, highly automated driving, and cloud based Automotive software, we are dedicated to transforming the automotive industry and catapulting into the future of transportation. With 580 employees worldwide and with a unique growth rate we are recruiting top talent to our sites in Gothenburg, Detroit, Munich, Linköping and Santa Clara (Silicon Valley).
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.