System Team – Senior System Safety Engineer
Engineering Roles - Detroit, Michigan, USA
Do you want to step into the future and develop innovative technology for tomorrows mobility? Take a chance and change the world! Our Detroit System Team is looking for a Senior System Safety Engineer.
Your high level purpose will be performing System Safety Engineering tasks (including Functional Safety) for the design of Advance Driving Assistance Systems and Automated Driving Features. You will define, plan and implement system engineering strategies and architecture road map. Broken down in activities, this will include:
- Using agile processes to develop and maintain Item Definition, Functional Safety Analysis: Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment HARA, Fault Tree Analysis FTAs, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis FMEAs, etc. for ADAS and AD systems.
- Develop and maintain Safety Goals, Functional Safety Concepts, and Technical Safety Concepts for ADAS and AD systems, including specification of Functional and Technical Safety Requirements and designing Safety Mechanisms.
- Investigate state-of-the-art approaches to system safety (e.g. STPA=System-Theoretic Process Analysis).
- Develop and maintain System Design for ADAS and AD systems according to the safety standards.
- Supporting the definition of specific requirements and architectures together with multi-site project and sales teams, and support the RFQ process for ADAS/AD from systems engineering point of view.
You will be part of a cross-functional team and interface globally where you will help make decisions. In this context your expertise will enable you to mentor the team on technical issues, tools, and processes as necessary.
To match this role we think you have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering or Science, along with 10+ years of industry experience. Your track record of successfully performing Functional Safety Systems Engineering tasks for ADAS/AD features along with good knowledge of relevant standards and methods i.e. IEC 61508 and ISO26262, will make you a strong candidate for the position. To be an appreciated team member you know how to document system or subsystem architecture in an unambiguous, clear and understandable way. You must have solid knowledge of systems engineering/architecture, and know how to write good requirements that others can successfully implement, and write test cases for. Furhtermore you are hopefully self-motivated; bringing structure to a highly unstructured task, and have the ability to set the technical direction and guide a team towards it long before others can.
Beneficial skills and experience include automotive embedded system experience. Past experience with AUTOSAR and ASPICE are highly beneficial, as well as knowledge of MISRA C++ and/or other coding standards. Knowledge of agile process in cross-functional teams is also very desirable for this role.
401(k) and Gain Sharing with company matching funds
Vacation, Personal, Generous Holidays, College Savings, Car Allowance Program
New Car Allowance
Flexible working hours & work-life balance
Dynamic work environment & attractive and flexible work space
With the skillset and mindset described you have the chance to make self driving cars a reality as an engineer at our site in Detroit.
We are really excited to welcome candidates with these skills so don't hesitate to take the chance of a lifetime!
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we highly recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.