Are you passionate about the latest C++ best practices, Computer Vision and working in self-organized, autonomous teams? Then keep reading!
Insights from the team
Team Sensor Characterization is part of the Product area – Computer Vision. The team develops algorithms to estimate the internal and external precise parameters of sensors such as LIDARs and cameras on the vehicles. The algorithms can be run in an offline manner in a controlled space or in an online fashion while driving the car. The challenges lies in getting an accurate pose of each sensor and running real time when estimating the pose dynamically while driving.
We write production code for safety critical systems, something which requires special processes, thorough code review and testing. As many concepts are state-of-the-art there is room to learn and gain knowledge in various API’s and platforms by proof of concepts.
Your mission and day-to-day tasks
- You will be working with cutting-edge technology and with the latest C++ best practices in a team that is driven by clean code and innovation
- End-to-end responsibility for all parts of the development cycle, such as:
- Design of Software Architecture to be scalable and maintainable
- Algorithm Development, Improvement & Implementation
- Testing & Integration
- Adapting the Algorithms to a new set of sensors and analyzing the results
- Improving our benchmarking suite to cover more relevant KPIs
- Refactoring the code to comply with automotive safety standards
- You will be part of a cross functional, autonomous and truly agile team, developing algorithms and development tools in the Computer Vision field for Active Safety and Autonomous Drive
- You will be working with cutting-edge technology and with the latest C++ best practices in a team that is driven by clean code and innovation.
- Possibilities to influence the direction of the product at an exciting industry with the mission to save lives and shape the future.
All this at a global work place with people from around the world (57+ different nationalities to be exact 😊)
Qualifications & experiences
- Strong C++ development skills (minimum 5 years) and of course passion to always learn more!
- Algorithm development skills with geometrical vision (e.g. multi-view geometry) or mathematical background
- Industry experience in developing software, preferably for real time applications
- Solid experience with Software Architecture
- You are a problem solver, who thrives when faced with complex challenges. You want to understand the broader picture and can quickly understand and adapt to new tasks
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or PhD. preferably related to one of the following fields: Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Computer Vision or Robotics.
You like to have fun at work!
Nice to have:
- GPU Programming, Computer Graphics, or parallel programming on CPU
- Low-level optimizations
- Testing and Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Agile software development methods
- You are enthusiastic, thrive in an agile collaborative environment, and love to share your knowledge and experience with the team
New Way of Working approach – Zenuity has decided to give its teams complete freedom to decide if they want to work remote, even after the pandemic! We’ve seen how productive our teams are, no matter the location, and we trust our people. Thus, each team will be deciding how and from where do they want to work in the future.
Our culture is what brings us together, and what inspires others to join us. From the way we share ideas around a whiteboard to our personal creative differences.
Zenuity uses a never-seen-before business model, that allows each employee to fulfill their full potential. It makes a difference because we believe in what we do (self-driving cars!) and are passionate about it. It also represents a personal bet with ourselves to always strive for something better, and to be curious about alternatives. If you want to contribute to a better world - keep reading.
More about us
ZENUITY is a pure software company with the mission of elevating people’s lives by making self-driving cars real. Self-driving cars, when real, is estimated to reduce fatal car accidents with more than 85%, saving more than 50,000 persons from dying in car accidents caused by human errors each year. We feel that is a goal worth pursuing.
Being founded April 2017 we are a truly modern start-up with high energy, dedication and passion. Zenuity uses a disruptive business model to produce world-leading competence in key technology areas. Delivering leading advanced driver assistance, highly automated driving, and cloud based Automotive software, we are dedicated to transforming the automotive industry and catapulting into the future of transportation. With around 600 employees based in Gothenburg, Sweden and in Shanghai, China.
Zenuity works proactively to create a culture of diversity and inclusion, where individual differences are appreciated and respected. To drive innovation we see diversity as an asset, which means we value and respect differences in gender, race, ethnicity, religion or other belief, disability, sexual orientation or age etc.
Interviews are held on a continuous basis, so we really recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience. Welcome with your application.